What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia experts needed

Are there any of you out there that grow S. leuco. 'Schnell's Ghost' and is this it? If I understand correctly, 'Schnell's Ghost is an anthro-free, green and white, leuco with yellow flowers. The lid is mostly white. This plant's lid is almost pure white and is not anthro-free. Any thoughts?

schnell'sghostfront.jpg

I don't grow it (obviously), but IF it is not the cultivar 'Schnell's Ghost', then you should DEFINITELY register it. That is amazing! I've never seen a Leucophylla with so much white! It almost looks fake there is so little green.

Needless to say, I am very impressed!
tounge.gif

SF

That plant is definitely not antho-free, but it is definitely amazing!! Are all of the pitchers that white, or did that particular one just come out that white?

That is not 'Schnell's Ghost'. 'SG' is all green and white...no red (anthocyanin free). I beleive there is a pic of 'SG' in one of the sarra photos from the speaker event at Meadowview. Its a beauty...and on my list to get one day.
smile.gif

I knew this was probably NOT 'Schnell's Ghost' due to the red(anthro). Thanks for the pics for comparison. Yes, I tend to agree this one should probably be registered. Many of the pitchers were mostly white so it was not a fluke. I have another plant leuco plant that has a very pronounced pink throat. I will post that one as well.

This is my 'Schnell's Ghost', my favorite Sarra in my collection, which Bob has linked to.

Schnells.jpg

However this cultivar is not completely anthocyanin free, there is some red pigmentation around the bases of the pitchers. Mike King grows a couple of other stunning clones of pure green and white Leucos which are completely anthocyanin free though.

Vic

It was given to me as a mature cutting this summer, so I haven't seen it in flower yet. There is no reason to suppose it won't have yellow flowers though, it's meant too.

Vic

Back