What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery lowland Nepenthes

Can anyone help me I.D. this plant.  I purchased a lot of plants at one time from a grower who could no longer keep them.  He sold me so many at one time, I did not see this one had no tag on it.  Anyone know what kind of lowland Nepenthes this is? Or even if it is a lowlander? 

unknownnep1.jpg

unknowntrap.jpg

unknowntrap2.jpg

Well, upload them from your computer to your webspace. Then you can either post a link, or click the image button and insert the exact URL of the picture. Some sites do not allow remote hosting (meaning you cannot post pictures using their server), so you may have to use your PFT webspace.

SF

Thanks! I have the hang of it now. Hopefully someone can help I.D. the plant for me.

Hi SF

I'm no expert , particularly with hybrids, but that looks like an N x Rokko that I had once.

Cheers, Troy.

What are the parents of N. x Rokko?  Is  N. maxima  one of the parents?

N. x Rokko is N. thorelii x maxima. Sure looks like N. maxima in there. Maybe with N. thorelii. The plant is still a little young and not showing all it's potential features.

Tony

It looks like it may possibly be a N. x 'Coccinea'
smile.gif

I really doubt it Dfalkanger. It looks way different than even immature N. Coccineas.

I have no idea, so I won't offer any wild guesses.

SF

Looks a bit like my N. x Holland, which has unknown parentage and is thus of no help in IDing this plant.
smile.gif

Capslock

Thanks to everyone who offered insite. My guess is that it is not a hybrid, just because the grower from which the plant came from was a plant purest. In all the years that I purchased plants from him, I rarely ever saw hybrid species. Infact, every plant that I purchased from his highland collection were not hybrids. Maybe as the plant matures, we will solve the mystery. But you never know, one could have snuck its way into the lot. Once again, thanks for all the guesses.

Back