What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 more nepenthes

confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?

J. Doe......

The never ending story.....

doe.jpg

wow. I was leaning towards pure fusca, maybe the flaired petrisome variety. Now I think it has vetchii in it... You never know what those garden stores are going to wind up with...I just depends on what the tissue culture labs spit out.

It looks just like my N.fusca sarawak except for the flared peristome.

Hello schloaty..

N. Fusca, was my clue also, but as you say, there is something else involved (i think)...

I will keep on replying to this topic with new pics, just for the fun of it..

And in 5 years we may have "cracked the nut", hopefully...

/ Tomas, sweden

Looking more like 'Gentle' to me, especially if grown on the shady side.

Trent

Tomas,

Here is a link to a post about my N. 'Allardii' where you can see a few comparison pictures.

Allardii Thread

The Allardii is Veitchii x Maxima and although VERY similar to your plant, there are enough differences for me to suggest yours probably does not have Veitchii in it.  As quite a few have suggested, I also lean towards your being a Maxima x Fusca... maybe.

Aaron.

Will have a look....

Thanks for the link..... Aaron

/ Tomas

Well, i will keep on replying to this thread, i cant see any harm in doing that...>

doee.jpg

The peristome is quite unique given the shape I am inclined to lean to a veitchii parent. And given one of your earlier shots of the whole plant I might be willing to suggest maxima "Sulawesi" form (it has really wavy leaves, almost looks like a lasagna noodle.)

That is my 2 cents, sorry I can't offer more

Back