What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 more nepenthes

Please if anyone has a clue I would be very happy, they are named J.Doe right now, and it feels a little sad.
I haven't asked around the forums before regarding these plants. Guesses are also welcome.
The 2 photos are 2 different plants>
andy.jpg
jdoe2.jpg

/ green regards Tomas

They both appear to be N. maxima, the one on the left looks like the 'Iran Jaya' area specifically. GOOD LUCK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif

Hey,
The one on the right resembles more xJudith Finnish. First one I am not sure about, maybe part Maxima?
Kevin

I agree with sarracenialuver....Can you post a pic of the whole plant? Leaf shape/attachment can also help with identity questions.

Thanks for the reply's, the things that bother me a little is the triangular lid on the left one. I have seen that shape on some species before, I just cant remember which one.

/Mit Grünen Grüßen Tomas

Hey,
Tomas, I belive N. Fusca is which you are refuring to. Now that you pointed that out, I see it too. N. maxima x fusca? Theres a guess.
Kevin

One more vote for Judith Finn on the right.  I'm too inexperienced to take a shot at the left photo.

SF

Ho Copper, they were bought from the local garden centre, so i dont think these hybrid are so complex....

Here is some poor quality foilage photos. The photos is from the pitcher on the right (green trap).
1.jpg

2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the foilage of the other one( trap on the left)
and2.jpg

and1.jpg

Wow, I have no idea.

Leaves certainly appear to have a large portion of N. maxima.

Maybe its one of those N. X gentle, N. X miranda, N. X velvet hybrids?

SF

Thanks all for replying to this thread, I guess we will never find out for sure. :eek:(

I have added 2 photos in page1 in this thread, its the foliage of the other plant...
/ green regards Tomas, sweden

This summer a little color seems to arrive on the pitchers.>

Last summer photo>
jdoe3.jpg

This spring, pitcher just open>
jdoe3.jpg

This spring, entire plant>
jdoeh1.jpg

/ Green regards Tomas

Defiately NOT judith finn, based on the whole plant pic....I see that now. I'm inclined to go with the maxima x fusca....It looks like there's fusca in it, but I'm guessing at the maxima part....Hmmmm

Yes i think its going to be named Fusca or Maxima hybrid, or simply J.Doe.

/ Green regards Tomas

Thanks Pond Boy.

I will try to think about the background next time...

/ Green regards Tomas

Back