What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep ID

can someone help me with the ID of this nep?
Nep.jpg

Nep2.jpg

Nep3.jpg

Nep4.jpg

Nep5.jpg

Nep6.jpg

heres some info on it. the pitchers are orangy red on the top half and green on the bottom half. there is a few small hairs for the spur. the tendril is red. there is a thin red stripe down the back of the pitcher, from the area where the tendril meets the pitcher to the spur. the lid has the spooned side facing the mouth of the pitcher (like in heliamphoras). the peristome is green and circular. the area that joins the lid and the peristome is wide. the lid is bigger than the mouth. there are no wings on the pitcher. i bought the plant from a place called White Rose. thanks for the help. Zongyi
laugh.gif

forgot to add that the leaves are rounded. Zongyi

It looks like a N. madagascariensis I had few years ago... I'll try to post my old picture soon...

Here they are: They date from 1999-2000 perhaps, with few months between each others.

Nmadagascariensis-1.jpg

Nmadagascariensis-3.JPG

for some reason, your bigger madagascariensis looks like my ventricosa red
rock.gif
. the first pic is a lot redder than my plant, and more bulbus too. maybe my plant is a ventricosa, but then it dosnt' look like one. thanks. Zongyi

It is a N. Ventricosa. Tom, the second picture, it looks like a N. Ventricosa instead of a N. Madiscagariensis.

I had some doubt about its ID, but never confirm it... I have N. ventricosa , but the pitcher are less slender, more squat. So I do not think it would be ventricosa, but i am not sure of madagascariensis either :p. This Nepenthes was different from my 2 N. ventricosa, but I cannnot affirm that it was for sure N.madagascariensis, upper pitcher would have been handy for this :p.

Moving to ID forum.

Toms plant is indeed N. ventricosa as well as Zongy's plant. N. madagascareinsis would have more cylindrical pitchers and a little 'wavyness' to the leaf.

Thank Nepenthes gracilis for the info... Now I must find a way to reach to person which now have the plant :p Ahhh... misIDed plant...

Zhongy:

it looks like a madagascariensis to me. That's the first thing it popped in my head. it is that or a madagascariensis hybrid.

gus

Both photos look like ventricosa to me.

I say they're both ventricosa.

Or else I'm the VERY surprised owner of a madagascariensis myself
laugh.gif
Don't they have winged pitchers?

I have the same plant as zongyi from the same source. I was sure it was N. ventricosa. When the plant was younger the bottem of the pichers were green now they seem to be a light red. Here is a brand new one before and after it opened.

ventricosa0001.jpg

ventricosa0002.jpg

so i guess its a ventricosa than. doesn't look like a ventrata cause the one that Andre sended me (thanks
smile.gif
) has pointed leaves. thanks for all the help. Zongyi

Back