What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you name this

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Take a look and toss a guess at this. Good luck! (yeah, I know what it is...)
whatami.jpg

Andrew

Last edited:
No, sir.  It is not a Drosera at all. :p
Andrew

Wow William! You've left them outta the light before too huh? LOL This is one of many that sprouted from leaf cuttings started 2 months ago that was left where it barely gets any light. Again. Correct answer Pinguicula esseriana.
Andrew

Interesting! I've never seen a picture of a stem-forming Pinguicala quite like that before.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Andrew,

You almost gave away part of my secret for propagating Pinguicula. You only left out the part where you lay them horizontally on the surface of the media, sprinkling a little media on them to only slightly cover them and then they sprout plantlets at the base of each elongated node.</span>
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>
biggrin.gif
</span>

Joseph, your secret is safe with me!!  ...I haven't given one away yet! (where you been man? I havn't herd from you in a while!)
Trashcan, understand in no way can this plant be standing..  it was infact laying in my propagation container.  And as you see the black thing the plant is leaning against (a bobby pin)  hehe
Andrew

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>I been visiting up to Scottsdale, Arizona (my in-laws) for the holidays. I am back now for a few weeks, then I go to Santa Ana, California for my daughters birthday.</span>

Back