What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID this nepenthes

Hello, this is my first female Nep blooming, fortunately i had another male nep blooming at the same time and pollinated this plant. Hope it works, but i don´t have an ID for this plant. Anyone here can help??

N.unknown-female-1.jpg

N.unknown-female-2.jpg

N.unknown-female-3.jpg

N.unknown-female-4.jpg

I would guess that it is an N. alata.

My guess would be N x ventrata but I'm no expert. I have this plant as well and thats what I'm calling it. They sell it as N. alata in stores but I believe it is a hybrid.

Hello,
Congrats with the female, it looks to me like a definate N. x ventrata (ventricosa x alata). If its not, than N. alata lowland form, or soemthing liken that is my next guess.
Kevin

I am leaning toward the lowland alata.

I'm going to say N. x ventrata given the lack of the obvious petiole at the base of the leaves. Ventricosa leaves just kind of ram right into the stem/vine. Alatas have distinct petioles, and ventratas are kind of in the middle.

Capslock

It appears to be that N. ventrata that comes from the famous Dutch Nursery. It is female. We have tried several times to breed with her, but she appears to be sterile. What few seed (instead of chafe) comes from the seedpods will not germinate. Maybe you will have better luck!

Trent
Boca Raton, Florida

Thaks anybody for your responses. I suspected it was not N.alata but didn´t know what could it be. The plant comes from Germany so I think Trent (and others) are right whent they say its Nxventrata and its very likely it is the one from the Dutch nursery.

I just hope i can get some viable seed.

Again, thanks to anybody.

Regards!!

Back