What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macfarlanei?

schloaty

Staff member
DVC00214.JPG

Hi folks, does this look like N. macfarlanei to you? I keep seeing pics of much tubbier pitchers, so I am starting to doubt the label. Perhaps this is a variable species?

rock.gif

There seems to be some variation but I think the bigger issue is alot of natural hybridizing between N. macfarlanei, N. sanguinea, N. ramispina. I agree your plant looks like it has some other things in there ;<
T

Hey Tony, looking at the pics in the "Neps of Genting highland" thread, my plant looks like it may be Macfarlenei x ramispina.

How did you get the plant? By trade from another grower, seed collection, a commercial grower, or some other way?

Hi schloaty,

the plant looks like N. macfarlanei x ramispina to me. Although not much details of the peristome (especially the upper part with the lid appendge) and the lid itself (hairs!) can be seen, the tendril is much too short for a true N. macfarlanei.

Cheers Joachim

Hi Pat,
I got it from a cp nursury here in the US. I'm not sure where they imported it from. I have to call them about another plant that I also think may be mislabled also.

Joachim,
I'll see if I can get some better pics this weekend. I'll try to get some close up petrisome shots, but my camera doesn't have a macro feature, so I don't know how close I can actually get.

spec I geuss you look like a nep leaf? I`m jokeing Btw.

Back