What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is the other nep

• Thread starter pasoftim
  • Start date
It looks like a ventricosa, but I am not very knowledgable in this genre, so don't take my word for it.

Looks to me like the hybrid that has often been sold as N. tobaica (it's not, tobaica is a species). I think the general agreement has been that this plant is either ventricosa x khasiana or ventricosa x tobaica. I think there were some other guesses too, so check the thread "tobaica?"

it is ramphisphere x ventricosa

N. ventricosa hybrid of some sort... could be that N. "tobiaca" thing coming out of Europe but hard to say for sure.

Just label it as N. ventricosa hybrid

T

Nep29 sorry no N. ramispina (at least that's what I think you mean) in that plant.

I definitely think it's the khasiana x ventricosa hybrid that is being circulated as tobaica. That is the biggest one I have seen, by far.

Regards,

Joe

It's the European "tobaica thing" as Tony aptly ID'ed it. Joe, we have two plants of this weed in our greenhouse that sits on the floor by the door. Those pitchers get pretty nice after the plant gets a little size. The peristome gets bright coral pink.

Trent

Hey Trent, how large to your pitchers get? I thought this plant would produce small ones, but all of the sudden mine put out one that dwarfed all the others on the plant....It's a good 5 or 6 inches... Is this about the max, or should I expect larger?

schloaty,
Your plant is doing exactly like ours. Ours are about five inches, very wide mouthed and spotted-nothing like the wimpy little green traps it had previously done. I was wondering why it had been put into tc, but now I see why. Almost overnight it went from green whimpy pitchers to those big, ventricosa-like traps with a lavender throat, pink spotted exterior and a bright pink peristome.

Trent

Trent, you're right. The spotting pattern is very reminiscent of fusca, wouldn't you say? The mystery deepens....

Whatever it is, they are keeping it secret.

Back