What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.spat#1

It`s flowering! The flower stalk is glandular as are the sepals. The petals are hot pink and the flower is about 1\4 in. in diameter the plant is just over 2 in. The flowers if poilinated with a small paintbrush close within 2 minutes.

Heres a pic of the flower
D.spat1flower.JPG

Heres the plant
D.spat1%232.JPG

Believe it or not, I can actually tell that this is D. spatulata by the flower shape. Even with a clear picture there would not be much I could add to that, other than to say it is likely not from NZ, or Queensland.

Noah, are using my complimentary Earthlink camera, again?
Tamlin: I have a spat that also is showing hot pink (fuschia) buds. Could you narrow it down to the possibilities?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 06 2004,5:29)]Noah, are using my complimentary Earthlink camera, again?
Tamlin: I have a spat that also is showing hot pink (fuschia) buds. Could you narrow it down to the possibilities?
What noah? I dont see any noahs in this topic...
tounge.gif

Spec,

Pond Boy is Noah.

Jim,

Sorry, but the floral color is only good for eliminating possibilities.  I mentioned some of the more unique members of the species in the earlier D. spatulata thread, and so won't repeat that here.

With a species of such wide distribution and variability, I regret that there is little hope of assigning population specifics to orphans lacking collection data, unless some detailed variation presents itself (hairy sepals, white flowers, diminuative stature, atypical styles).  Most D. spatulata flower pink.

BTW Pond Boy I have found that D. spatulata are invariably self fertile, so hand pollination isn't really needed, unless you are honing your skills.

Jim I`m using a Hp(forgot the camera name and don`t know where my mom put it) that has 3.34 Mega pixels.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ May 05 2004,10:49)]Spec,

Pond Boy is Noah.

Jim,

Sorry, but the floral color is only good for eliminating possibilities.  I mentioned some of the more unique members of the species in the earlier D. spatulata thread, and so won't repeat that here.

With a species of such wide distribution and variability, I regret that there is little hope of assigning population specifics to orphans lacking collection data, unless some detailed variation presents itself (hairy sepals, white flowers, diminuative stature, atypical styles).  Most D. spatulata flower pink.

BTW Pond Boy I have found that D. spatulata are invariably self fertile, so hand pollination isn't really needed, unless you are honing your skills.
Yeah but I`m not the forum member Noah.

Yeah, there are at least 2 Noahs, bazillions of Steves, at least 4 Travises, a few Johns, one Tiah, 1 Theresa, 1 Tanya, 1 Suzanne, a couple Michelles, and just one Tamlin  
sad.gif

Reminds me of an old Harry Mudd episode of Star Trek - 500 Mayzies, 500 Alices, 500 Stellas, and 1 Norman.  
tounge.gif

Harcourt Fenton Mudd the Third is my Hero, along with Robert Gibson (good thing he never drops by here).

Beware.  I am a Trekker.  I have the episodes memorized.  I lip synch with Kirk.

Everything I say is a lie.  I am a liar.  hee hee.  Spock's paradox.  Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Great episode.  Cute little androids too.

It's fitting that there is only one of me, because, well, there IS only one of me.  I'm ok though.  Trust me.

Lol. my dads kinda like that it`s a sickness like cping:p

I admit it, you are correct. All I know is that I LIVED for Friday nights, 9:00 PM for each new episode. The one mentioned was the season opener for the third season, or was it the fourth.....

Tamlin,
Here is quote for you
'Beam me up Spock, this planet sucks!!)
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I always liked "Beam me up Scotty, theres no intelligent life down here".

I'm a Trekee. I've also seen every episode several times. My favorite recurrent line is,"He's dead, Jim." Also followed Next Generation and Voyager. Less so with Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. Favorite episode is ,"Trouble With Tribbles." "A piece of the action" is another good one.

See, you are into Harcourt too! Tribbles was another Mudd story.

Even better line "I'm dead, Jim"

Back