What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New nepenthes

I just got another nep and I have no idea what it is. The picture below is an altered picture to make it look like mine. I made everything look exactly the same (shape color etc.), the only thing I couldn't change was the spotting on the lid. The lid doesn't have any spotting. The reason for the altered picture is because my mom is on a vacation and has the digital camera. So no picture taking for a while
smile_h_32.gif

mnep.jpg

thanks
biggrin.gif

Looks kinda like N.x ventrata,the hybrid between N.ventricosa and N.alata,to me.:)

Btw. how did you alter the pic? It looks like it hasn`t been altered so I guess you did a good job:)

Thanks, I did it in paintshop pro. Though I honestly couldn't tell you exactly how I did it because I did and tried so many things to get it to look like mine.

And I looked up a ventrata and thats the one I got!! Thank you
biggrin.gif

Hi Divaskid
Heres a picture of my Ventrata thats been grown under high light conditions
ventra.jpg

same basic shape just more colourfull.
               Bye for now  julian

Ooo very pretty ventrata. Hopefully when I get my greenhouse up and built my ventrata will get more sun. Right now all my neps are inside in a window awaiting a better home.

Yea,Chesera has a very beutiful ventrata,but since all specimens of N.ventricosa x alata are known by this name there are MANY geneticaly distinct individuals so some can be nice and red like Cheseras and some can be a boring green even in the brightest light,as well as all sorts of inbetweens. I`m just saying don`t be disapointed if yours doesn`t color up so well.

Oh I won't be dissapointed if it doesn't color like hers. Infact I kinda like mine half green half red. It makes it more interesting for me. Especially because it's one of two Neps I own, and the other one is a ventriosa thats mostly red like hers. So its cool to have something different.
biggrin.gif

What I really want is either an ampullaria or a bicalcarta or a bellii next.

Back