What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep hybrid

I'd say it has Veitchii in it, but umm...in the first pictures posted, the pitcher development several other small characteristics pointed to some Truncata blood, but that leaves the splotted to no mother or father. I don't know. It just doesn't look like N. 'Gentle' as it's more bulbuous than thin like the necks of most 'Gentle' pitchers are.

It's a really nice plant though but that label is also another joke. I cannot see a single ounce of Ventricosa in it and it it's usually distinctive in the peristome or cut-off coloring.

Nonetheless, I thought I knew but I doubt they would send such a complex hybrid as a truncata with fusca and veitchii in it.

I saw this plant by the hundreds in the DeRoose nepenthes house in Apopka Florida about five years ago. They had three clones of what was called 'maxima'. One of the three clones we know of today as N. 'Miranda'. All three were no doubt siblings, and were all grouped together in the same area, seperated from the coccineas and 'Cornbak's (same as 'Gentle'), and the alatas (ventrata). This differently shaped pitcher-wavy leaved clone was eventually discontinued, or at least, is not being produced in the same numbers as N. 'Miranda'. I'ts exact parentage is proprietary information, but a very logical guess, for a number of reasons, would be (n. maxima x N. Mixta).

Trent

I think it's Nepenthes x Gentle (maxima x fusca)

Maxima x Fusca? or maybe Maxima x Miranda? Maybe a Miranda x Fusca.
Possibly other combos of those.

Back