What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes-****** help me id these!

it had the container with vft name on it, i was like o wtf....
smile_h_32.gif

look,,,its young tho, so its hard to tell
Nepenthes01.jpg

Nepenthes02.jpg

Nepenthes03.jpg

Nepenthes04.jpg

and i dono wat kind of drosera these are..

sundew03.jpg

Well, the Drosera looks like a capensis to me...

The nep looks like N. ventricosa. It's still small though... post a new pic when it gets bigger.

I think you have a N. x Judith Finn.

like icedragon and mannannan said, looks like ventricosa and capensis, but to me, the capensis looks like a narrow fom.
Hellz

I agree.
That Drosera capensis is a narrow form.

IS it N.Judith Fin or Ventricosa, it looks like the J-finn cuz its green
smile_n_32.gif

how long do they grow?
confused.gif
how long does it take?

theres freaking bugs growing on my nepenthes wtf are they?!!?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
they look like ants!

Fruightflys are probably what your ant looking creatures are . The Sundew is a D. capensis , if it came from a company called Booman Floral in an orange pot with a lil water tray and plastic wrap around it with a card then it's a D. capensis
smile_n_32.gif
. What company did the nep come from ?

Probably N. Judith finn. The leaves are too wide for N. ventricosa and taper outwards like N. veitchii.

Are the 'bugs' on the underside of the leaf and look like sunken black/brown dots? The plant looks pretty healthy so I am guessing that your looking at nectar glands. Either that or you have some ants living in the pot ..

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ July 03 2004,9:04)]Probably N. Judith finn.  The leaves are too wide for N. ventricosa and taper outwards like N. veitchii.  

Are the 'bugs' on the underside of the leaf and look like sunken black/brown dots?  The plant looks pretty healthy so I am guessing that your looking at nectar glands.  Either that or you have some ants living in the pot ..

Tony
Nectar glands? I thought only the pitchers drooled. My ventratas lips are always a bit moist but nothing like soem of the pics I've seen. Still, ants stop to lick and and then become "tipsy"...LOL

i think their fruitflies, but they dont fly, they hav wings and the size of an ant, i pick them and feed it to my drosera!
smile_n_32.gif

Perhaps fungus gnats? Common critter to find with cps
T

I have a rather amusing cicle of these fungus gnats.
They breed in my pot of P.grandiflora, then when they come out they get eaten by the plant!

I am very certain you own a Nepenthes Ventricosa, possibly "Red Form" and the Drosera is definitely Capensis "Narrow Leaf".

My young n.ventricosa 'red' looked exactly like that. So my vote is n.ventricosa regular or red.

Back