What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes from meijers

Ok I went to meijers the other day and they had 2 nepenthes there. (3 because one was double potted
smile_n_32.gif
) anyways i always wanted to try my hand at nepenthes and i figured I might as well rescue these before they die because a nepenthes is a terrible thing to waste. SO anyways can anyone identify this? There is only one pitcher and it isn't fully matured yet.
nepenthes2.jpg
nepenthes1.jpg
By the way i repotted them because the soil was very wet which meant they had been watered and I suspected it was with tap water so I decided to replant them.

Hard to tell with the immature pitcher, but the folliage is very similar to my N. x 'Judith Finn.'

Looks a bit like Sanguinea too. Hard to say untill the pitcher opens and you have more then one ;)

This is a very rough guess as there isn't a whole lot to look at yet..

The outside 2 look like N. Judith Finn while the middle one looks like N. ventrata.

Just becareful about labelling unknown plants. Maybe in the future you can get a more positive ID but for now I would just put the name on the label with a ? next to it.

Tony

Back