What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name my dewy!

Here are the pics:
Untitled-1.jpg

It looks like Drosera capensis to me............

i would also say capensis, and a sickly looking one at that. mine is in a nice thick clump that is about to get thicker since it has produced seeds.

Rattler

Looks like a capensis. It is possibly a capensis "Albino", but it is hard to be sure with its condition. Are any of the tentacles red?

i told you it was a D. capensis on the other post you made, so why did you make another one to waste space?

JustLikeAPill, it's fine maybe they just wanted a second opinion... this rule doesn't apply to the D. Capensis but many sundews look alike and it takes a good eye to identify them correctly and since he/she just started growing them they wouldn't know if this is that type. You never stated it was maybe a Albino... there are some different variations of this plant

you have a very suspicous resemblance to my brother and I, also likes fish. its strange.

it isn't D. capensis 'alba', you can see some pink in the flower buds on some red on one of the leaves, it's just light starved.

JustLikeAPill...the correct name is D. capensis 'Albino'. Its a registered cultivar and while the name 'alba' is popularly used, it is incorrect. All plant tags should be labeled 'Albino.'

If it is D. 'Albino', the flowers will be white and the tentacles a pale pink to almost white.

hey thanks suzanne, i just hate slang when it comes to cp's, it's so confusing!

Back