What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brought back to life nep

Hi all
Found this at the Philly flower show but was driing out and this is what it looks like now and not sure which it is. On the opening between the wings there seems to be a hook about a quarter inch long. any ideas?
Thanks Jim
Coolnep.jpg.jpg

Looks like one of those miranda/gentle hybrids I`m no expert though.Lol.:p

Thanks.. Wasent sure which it was.. It is a cool plant with nice colors and a neat look prinstone

Miranda. Notice the new leaves are red... Thats usually a sign of too much sunlight (I learned this the hard way... Got red leaves, I thought it just meant it was recieving good sunlight, but then the red turned to brown, and crackled
smile_k_ani_32.gif
)

That's not the case always Spectabilis, sometimes it's in trait that the leaves are red or a different color like Nepenthes Ampullaria 'Tayeve', Nepenthes Spectabilis x Veitchii, Nepenthes Mulensis, Nepenthes Mikei and so on and so forth.

N. Miranda. I have one exactly like it
Hellz

Yes, miranda. Also, I think Spec is mistaken. My experience with miranda tells me that the red coloration is a sign of a happy plant.

miranda.

spec is mistaken. i have plants with orange leaves, red leaves, pinkish leaves, and i have plants with different colors on different parts of the leaves. really cool pattern..

consider it a really healthy suntan.

Yep. reddish leaves=happy plant

Back