What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home depot dilema

I think you need a better site to put your pics in :p
try photobucket.

No photo. You might try the great hosting petflytrap provides right here.

you should replace your Sprint PCS phone with a Verizon Wireless phone
smile.gif

Nah, don't like Verizon's plans and Sprint has the best phones
smile_n_32.gif

OK here are the pics, got that PFT web hosting you recommended:
nep.jpg

nepone.jpg

sarracenia.jpg

sar.jpg

I think the Sarracenia is Judith Hindle. The nep is either ventricosa or ventrata. Logically, if should be the former, as these plants originate from Agristarts, but I have seen more mature plants with the same plant tag that were definitely ventrata.

Yep. It looks like you have a N. x ventrata and a S. 'Judith Hindle'. Treat 'em well and you should get some nice colorful pitchers!

Snowy

There was another thread on Id'ing a similar looking Nep. Will become more and more obvious as they mature but I am still sticking with N. ventricosa at this stage
smile_n_32.gif

Tony

I agree N.ventricosa it apears to be. Only time will tell for sure though....

I will be with Tony on this one, although some of the more juvenile pitchers look to be Ventrata and it also looks like there is more than one plant in that pot so this may very well be possible.

it went basal crazy. it had about 3 basal shoots, some where big and had 1.5 inch pitchers. I cut them off and potted them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Oct. 13 2004,7:57)]I think the Sarracenia is Judith Hindle. The nep is either ventricosa or ventrata. Logically, if should be the former, as these plants originate from Agristarts, but I have seen more mature plants with the same plant tag that were definitely ventrata.
my thoughts exactly

yeah the sarr looks like judith hindle, there is a slight chance it could be red leuco though

Back