What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown utricularia

Can anyone help me to id this ?

Thks

PB010013.jpg

Isnt that blanchetii alba??

There is a chance it could be parthenopipes as well. These two plants seem to be rather confused in cultivation.

Hopefully one day all the confusion with U. parthenopipes will be settled. For now based on recent discussions about U. parthenopipes and what not.. I am calling all these things U. blanchetii white form.

Note I don't call them 'alba' as this is a specific word reserved for nomenclature when a plant lacking anthocyanin is officially described and published as a variety to the normal species.

Tony

Tony is right, the variety 'Alba' has not been published either as a variety or as a cultivar. If you want to distinguish the white flowered form from the purple it would be best to list it as "white flowered form" and in double quotes.

Very nice! I do like blanchetii(If my greenhouse gets here maybe I could swap for some in the future Lol.)

Back