What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a nepenthes id

I need these Nepenthes pitchers ID'd. Let me know what you think. Each photo was taken from different Neps and purchased from the same source.
Attached were name tags labelled as N.khasiana. I believe them to be N.khasiana but after looking on the web I have noticed one with a more than prominent wing and am rather sceptical now. Are there variations in this species?

No photo available due to photo limits so I have had to take them off post new photos.

thanks,
C

Moving to ID forum. BTW looks like it could be N. khasiana.

I'm guessing khasiana, possibly N. Mastersiana (sanguinea x khasiana).

Definitely khasiana and not a hybrid.

Christian,

Where's these more prominent wings? Both look about the same and like pure Khasi to me.

Are these some of the newies?

Aaron.

Nepenthes gracilis:

I spoke to Chi'en lee and he is positive that it is 100% pure khasiana. He also mentioned that the lower and immature pitchers tend to have a prominent wing rather than the mature upper pitchers. The other pitchers do not exhibit this characteristic as you can see in the photo. It looks like a embossed line about 2 mm thick.

------

Nepenthes Master: I wish it was a N.mastersiana.

------------

Sydney Neps:

I agree with you. I prefer to believe it is a khasiana. hehe. It came with that label from collectors corner 5 years ago. I found quite a few photos on personal sites and company sites so that I could compare and half looked like mine and the remainder had the wings. But as Chi'en Lee mention, the uppers and lowers are different.

------------------

Aaron:

It appears that the wings are more prominent on a lower pitcher than an upper pitcher. I believe it to be a khasiana also, but, even the basal shoots go straight to producing upper pitchers. I have no lower pitchers to compare with! I know its not a cutting.
These are not the newbies. These are just one of the new pitchers on each plant.

Example sites are:

1) http://home.petflytrap.com/users/odysseus1/N_khasiana_2.jpg
2) http://greenfield.fortunecity.com/dreams/167/N_khasiana_CzEPS_01.jpg

thanks everyone,
I've pretty much made my mind up now.

C
smile.gif

Back