Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help me id my nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again! Thank you very much to all that ahve helped me in this Nepnethes-name-finder. you will never know how importanti thisi s to me, i am in love with my Nepenthes::

Now, we have clear about N. Sanguinea & N. Rafflesiana. But about N. Ventrata well, i am posting frontal pics, to se if that can help. Sorry if the pics are too dark, I hope it can help.

And about the 4th one. I havejust found theinvoce when i bought this one and it sais "Nepenthes x Dominii" Can anybody tell me is N. x Dominii is the same than "Nepenthes gracilis x rafflesian"?

Thank you very, very much,
    Jorge Joel...
    Emilia's Garden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh.. I forgot to say. The lids of the N. Ventrata are always almost closed, or dropped. Do this give you a hint to ID it?

Thanks again,
    Jorge Joel...
    Emilia's Garden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's some kind of mutation... none of my ventrata lids droop, and even if they did I don't think they'd be that wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Endparenthesis! So you think it is a Ventrata, but with a mutation? Do you, or anybody else, know how this can happen?

I am very curious about his now. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True Dominii is gracilis x rafflesiana. There is some confusion about Dominii, it was the first man made Nepenthes hybrid in 1862 at the Veitch Nurseries. There was confusion with plants of rafflesiana x hirsuta also called Dominii 'Intermedia', made in 1875. Your photo is a dead ringer for an illustration from the Journal of the Royal Hort. Society vol. 21 1897- as real Dominii (gracilis x rafflesiana).

It looks like you have a ventricosa, but again, the photo is not the clearest and the plant needs to get a little larger. Droopy lids are not a mutation, could be humidity/water requirements - or simply a plant with floppy lids, which is okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyboby!

Trent, what do you mean with "Your photo is a dead ringer for an illustration"?

And about my Ventricosas' lid, you say it can humidity / water requirements, is is possible that it is too much h/w? He in PR we have had too much nain in the las months and humidity is always between 65% and 90%. I must tell you that all of my Ventricosas have the same wide and droopy lids. So what you say make much sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have the real Dominii, "dead ringer" means "identical".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Trent!!! Sorry for my english

Thank you you have given me a very good news confiming to me that i have the real Nepenthes x dominii. It makes me very happy. So.. thank you, thnak you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast