What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay, what is the bugger?

PICT0216.jpg

It may be a pygmy, but i don't know. Help! i'm getting a headache trying to decipher it.

Might be Drosera rotundifolia.

either peltata, aurticularia, or rotundifolia. If it popped up by itself it is probibly rotundifolia

rotundifolia. my peltata is more eliptical

I hope it`s peltata, i`ve wanted one of those for a while now. It germinated by itself in my greenhouse, so i think it might be rotundifolia.

oh if it was by itslef its not peltata, peltata produces by big seed that would be noticeable

NO! NO! Guys!! It's one of Tamlin's D. roundanstickias
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Feb. 13 2005,9:58)]It's not D. peltata.
You just HAD to burst my bubble didn't you?

BigCarnivourKid- WTF?

D. roundandstickia, he sent me one of those. unfortunatly it didnt survive before it got officially identified. Tamlin, what a guy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Feb. 13 2005,9:31)]NO! NO! Guys!! It's one of Tamlin's D. roundanstickias
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Feb. 14 2005,6:43)]BigCarnivourKid- WTF?
That's what Tamlin called sundews of unknown ID. ...Round and sticky!
smile_n_32.gif

Could be Drosera roundandstickya! It could also be Drosera binata in its juvenille phase. Most Dosera begin life in just this fashion, only gaining definitive characteristics with age. Its funny to think that the crescent leaved D. binata could have round leaves but it's true. I also can 't discount D. peltata at this stage. I have had seedlings of that species resemble this. Post a photo in another couple of months and it should be much easier to play the name game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]WTF?

Can we possibly refrain from using such vocabulary? It's technically not written but we all know what it means
smile_m_32.gif
. Cheers.

Most of the people on other forums i visit have NO IDEA.

I hope it's a peltata
smile.gif

It is VERY jeuvenile, maybe only a dime's width across, maybe less.

Back