Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nep id?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Glenn and everybody,
    The nep in the photo looks just like our upper pitchers of N. 'Miranda', and which it is most likely. True N. 'Mixta' is getting hard to find. We knew of people selling the N. 'Miranda' as N. 'Mixta' - but they ARE NOT THE SAME. N. 'Mixta' (maxima x northiana) is a cross, meaning that there are different clones around. The cultivar that most resembles N. 'Miranda' is N. mixta 'Superba' - thought to be the pollen parent (dad) of Miranda (maxima x mixta 'Superba'?? -proprietary information).
    I can see the difference between the two on large, mature plants, but cannot see the difference on smaller pitchers. At first glance, the two look the same. I cannot say which is the plant you are trying to id -yet. Where did you obtain the plant? That will give some clues to the id.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Trent,

I got the palnt from Ted's Greenhouse in Illinois. I believe it was a rooted cutting and was labled "?". They mainly sell the common tissue cultured plants such as rafflesiana, miribelis, ventrata, coccenea, etc. (sp?)

What are the differences from a 'mixta' and a 'miranda'?

My money is on the 'miranda' but "mixta" sure would have been nice.

Glenn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123