What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that ping

here is my one and only lowes ping. i figure its some hybrid with moranensis

unknownping.jpg

Flower is very reminiscent of Pinguicula 'Sethos'. What does the vegetative part of the plant look like?

ill get a pic up later. took one but was running short on time last night and didnt scan the negative.

looks like Sethos or Weser to me

That is a beautifully colored ping.  I am like Treaqum..."You got that at Lowes?"  Wow!
I am certainly not the man to ID a ping but other than the color, it looks very similar (Like maybe identical?) to my Sethos.

The flower from six months ago.  It is now flowering again.
5_G.sized.jpg

The plant from six months ago.  Right now it is absolutely covered with little gnats.
P3100041.sized.jpg

no the leaves are different on mine more long and narrow. the leaves on yours look like my P. moranensis growing beside this one. pretty sure i got it at Lowes, either that or Home Depot, i picked out the plant myself because i knew it wasnt a prim and those are the only two stores where i have picked up CPs.

It is very problematical to attempt to identify many Mexican Pinguicula species or hybrids by foliage alone. They are quite capricious in their vegetative parts.

May I hazard a guess of a hybrid with P.lutea,based on the flower color? Btw very nice,and I too am surprised you found such a nice plant at lowes.

Lauderdale: very impressive P.'sethos' It looks very simialar too my P.agnata x moranensis except the leaves are not as pink on your`s

Back