What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More info on drosera id from below

I took some pictures of the unidentified Drosera from below in the post titled "Couple of CP Id's"

Here is the plant again, and I also included some pictures of the flowers it is currently producing.  I thought it was a D. Spatulata at first, but now I'm not sure.  The rosette is about 2.5 to 3 inches across.

spat1.jpg

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

Nidiformis typical

As opposed to nidiformis what? no cutivars are currently registered. Possibles maybe green and red. Your Drosera is definatly green

I looked at a photo of Nidiformis, and it seem to me to have more of an upright habit and longer petioles than this plant.

If it is Nidiformis, where is it native to? Does it need dormancy and does it self pollinate?

Thanks again,

Jason

It's native to south Africa and it self pollinates. IT needs a cooler (50-60) rest period of a few weeks but will not actally go dormant

Looks like D. nidiformis once circulated as D. "SP. Magieliesburg", the greener of the 2 forms in circulation. For sure it is D. nidiformis. Plants in my collection are short lived but produce lots of seed. There are no dormancy requirements although the plant does have a pronounced rest period after flowering in my collection. It is a weedy self seeder.

my nidiformis is in continual flower with basically no observed rest period. what would be concidered short lived? mine is getting to be a year and a half old and it was a mature plant when i got it.

Back