What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera..

ok im asking because mine has white flowers and of the pics of spatulata i see the ends are more round and on mine they are more clubbish, in the pic they look more round then they actually are...
DSC01102.JPG

DSC01103.JPG

Hey, my advice worked! Nice pics. You might wanna resize them though.

I'm afraid i don't know what those little guys are. I know those are capensis though.
smile.gif

yeah it didthanks alot
smile.gif
, although i thought my camera sized the pics smaller than they are i guess, wehn i view on my pc they arent this big, yeah this drosera is in between my capensis which i split off from each other they are both doing good and flowering

I think that smaller ones are spatulata. They look the same like my spatulata..so...:;):

That looks very much like spatulata. There are those that produce pink and at least one that has white flowers. I don't remember which. There was a topic, started by Cindy, last year, that discussed this. Perhaps I can dig it up.

Exerpts from Tamlin Dawnstar:

Well, ID is somewhat possible.  A very good criteria for seggregating the different populations happens to be floral color.  As far as I know, only the Australian D. spatulata from Melbourne or Fraser Island (including the rather bogus D. lovellae), and the New Zealand types produce white flowers.  Of these, it is highly unlikely that the NZ forms are a conideration here as they tend to be more tempermental in their culture, especially the alpine forms.  I would say the white flowered D. spatulata comes from Queensland, Australia.

The pink flowered form is more difficult to assess as these are more common forms across the range.  In general, the smaller rosetted forms with mature rosettes an inch or less may be reasonably expected to come from the Asian stations, e.g. Borneo.

There are some stable forms associated with specific locales, and with a photo of the rosette, peduncle, flowers and seed details I might be able to offer more insight.

Cindy's Topic

Utric Seb's valuable topic link

It could be spatulata frasier island form maybe.

I second what Kirk says. They may benefit from a little more light to toughen and colour up a bit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Feb. 28 2005,3:17)]I second what Kirk says.  They may benefit from a little more light to toughen and colour up a bit.
see ok this is kind of what i was theorizing as well because the leaf ends are more clubbish and thats what i saw in alicea pics, do alicea have white flowers as well? they do get about the most sun i can give them, the glands are redder in color but that didnt show up too well in the picture, it also appears alot redder looking at it from the side

Hi,

This plant is definitely not a Drosera aliciae! I would go for a Drosera spatulata. Can you post pictures of the seedpot? They are very characteristic in Drosera spatulata.

Christian

I would have to say D. spatulata is the contender. A shot of the flower would nail it I think, but I see nothing to suggest much other than D. spatulata here. Looks a lot like the NZ form from Mt. Ruahepu.

It's D. spathulata, white flower.
But it's very weak.

Back