What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a s. catesbaei?

Last summer I picked up a Sar hybrid at my local meijers and I was wondering what this was. I was pretty sure it was an S. Catesbaei. I am pretty sure that it is at least some purp x flava hybrid though so any hep would be greatly appreciated.
mystery2.jpg
mystery.jpg

looks like rubra x. purp to me

i would say it is definitely not a catesbaei. could be rubra x purp, as treagum said, or perhaps alata x purp. it also sort of reminds me of a 'Cobra Nest' that has suffered from insufficient sunlight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ Mar. 17 2005,8:58)]i would say it is definitely not a catesbaei.  could be rubra x purp, as treagum said, or perhaps alata x purp.  it also sort of reminds me of a 'Cobra Nest' that has suffered from insufficient sunlight.
Hmm at the time of that picture I would say it definately has gotten enough sunlight. It was recieving direct sun all day so hmmm

COULD be a light starved catesbei?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 18 2005,3:53)]COULD be a light starved catesbei?
As I have stated there is no way it could be light starved. I keep the plant in full Sun. During the summer when that pic was taken it was exposed to direct sun from about 7am to 7pm with no shading. It most definately is not lightstarved. if it helps here is a picture of the plant days after I first got it
mystery3.jpg

I have one just like it an I am almost 100% positive it is rubra x. purp. Considering the flowr and everything. BTW its from the same company originally

Hmm I think I am starting to agree with you that it is a rubra x purp. It obviously has a purp influence in it judging by the shape of the pitchers but the more I look at the red veins the more it screams rubra. Oh well the temperature is starting to warm up here in Ohio so the plants should be coming out of dormancy within the next month or two and I'll take more pics. Who knows I might get a flower or two?

im not so sure about that, the open lid makes me wonder, here is a photo of my S. Rubra x Purp last year:

580n-thumb.jpg

sorry about the bad quality

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Mar. 19 2005,6:39)]im not so sure about that, the open lid makes me wonder, here is a photo of my S. Rubra x Purp last year:

580n-thumb.jpg

sorry about the bad quality
Was yours raised from seed though? Hybrids can vary a lot from plant to plant right?

Back