What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I couldn't help identify this nep...

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
..so I'm calling on the experts here.
smile.gif

See Link

Can't see the photo.  Error something guests don't have access to this area.

An Error Has Occurred!

Guests do not have access to this area.

says that when I go on it

Either that's one hell of a hybrid nep, or it has an error. Yeah, it's an error.

Thousands of apologies!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
 I didn't realise you all can't view the page 'cos mine is logged on automatically...

Here goes:

The plant
PitcherPlant.jpg

The pitcher
Pitcher.jpg

could be a baby N. ventricosa, or N. ventrata, maybe even alata, im not sure, the plants pitcher seems too young, either way you've got one happy plant!

It's very young, so it's difficult to tell, but i'm gonna go with N. ventricosa for now.

Leaves are way way too wide for N. ventricosa. Deffinately N. ventricosa hybrid. Probably N. Ventrata.

I would guess ventrata too, but the only puzzler is how large the plant looks comapred to the pitcher size.

Cheers,

Joe

I am gonna be rebellious and say emmerae.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] but the only puzzler is how large the plant looks
It can't be too young, it looks like it's starting to vine already. I'd say ventrata.

I'd go for Ventrata also... it is my experience that ventricosas don't climb. But judging by the pitcher it has some ventricosa in it.

hmm...I thought it might be ventricosa but wasn't sure.

Thanks, everyone!
smile.gif

Back