What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery utric

This utric is blooming in my pot of D. binata. I thought it must be U. sandersonii blue, because i thought that was the only utric i have that hasn't bloomed for me before, but someone said their blue doesn't look like this. I have to admit the flower doesn't look like a sandersonii to me, but the stolons do.

Edit ARGH, i forgot you can't use UB code in the title.

Stolons:
20050409-CP-U.unknown.jpg

Flower:
20050409-CP-U.unknown-flower-side.jpg

20050409-CP-U.unknown-flower-side-closeup.jpg

Any ideas?

I agree with you it's not Utricularia sandersonii "blue". It doesn't even remotely ressemble a bunny or have a ruffled bib. I don't know what it could be though.

There was one species of Utricularia that i received so long ago i'd forgotten. In fact, it was the first Utric i received. While perusing this terrific Utric page, i found a familiar looking flower.

I give you... U. graminifolia

U.graminifolia.jpg

Everyone agree?

I can't believe it, though. I've had this for more than two years, and lost several other utrics in the intervening time. I have no idea how it infested my binata pot, but i'm glad to see it finally decided to make a showing!

I'm guessing it's a light and season thing. I don't give my utrics the kind of lighting that the drosera receive. The binata pot is right next to the window, getting spring sunshine for the entire morning. Time to rethink my utric growing conditions...

Yay! A new flowering utric for my small checklist.
biggrin.gif

U. graminifolia would be my first guess. there is another tht looks real close to it but its quite uncommon so i will go with U. graminifolia

Most likely it is U. graminifolia but it could be U. heterosepala as well.

Back