What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify nep

Hi, everyone. Can I get some help with identification of this Nep? I got it at a local nursery over the weekend. The tag identifies it as n. alata. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance...

1532696Nep2.jpg

resize the picture smaller I could not get it up.

Picture size has been reduced....Sorry it was so big!!
confused.gif

You have a lovely N. x ventrata originating from the DeRoose nurseries in Holland.

Cheers,

Joe

That is a very nice looking N. ventrata.

Thanks, guys. After looking at some pics on the web I wondered if it might be N. ventrata. I have it hanging outside on a tree limb, so that it's shaded from direct sun here in mid-Georgia. I'm misting a couple of times a day. Do you think those conditions are okay. N. ventrata is pretty hardy, right? Also, it seems to be in some kind of peat mix. Is that okay for now, or should I repot in a more typical Nepenthes soil mix?

Thanks for any advice. I'm really excited about having this new addition to my small but growing collection.

Jason

Yep ventrata. The peat mix should be ine but I bet you should up the pot size. Usully the store have them compacted so they are root bound (in a sense). Up the pot size to teh next level. My coccenica was upped from a 6 inch to a 10 inch pot and the pot exploded on me 6 months later. Now it is happily in a 10 gallon (?) pot.

Back