What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ?

Below are some volunteers that popped up in my pot of D. peltata this spring. The D. peltata are lying dormant below the soil level, but these guys continue to grow. I need to reduce watering, but don't want to kill off the volunteers. Any ideas on what they might be? Looks like a flower scape is forming and will be in bloom in a couple weeks' time. FYI- The plants are roughly 2-3" in diameter.

drosera.jpg

I'll take a stab at it: D. intermedia. but now wait for the real experts!

Gotta write that one down on the calendar! I finally got one right!
laugh.gif

I would suggest transplanting these out of the pot and into their own home so that higher levels of water can be given without risking tuber rot of the D. peltata, although some say that D. peltata can stand wetness during its dormancy. D. intermedia prefers semiaquatic conditions.

Thanks for the ID guys! When it comes to the long-armed rosetted sundews, I can't tell a D. capillaris from a D. anglica to save my life.

Tamlin- those dews are gonna be transplanted tomorrow. Considering these were unintentional plants, I would hate to lose those that were intentional at the expense of the others.

Back