What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes merrilliana x ?

well i cant post up a pic but follow the link an look for the one @ the end of my nepenthe collection:

Merrilliana x ?

Uh the one on the right end with the red peristome???
Background on the plant will help too.  Where did you get it.  What was it labelled.  Do you know the original source etc etc.

IF I am looking at the right picture I don't think it is even a N. merrilliana hybrid.

Tony

EDIT:  OK I have no clue which photo you mean

EDIT2: OK I found it .. finally. Could be N. merrilliana x alata. Natural hybrid which is not that uncommon

u sure? well if it is then that solves that case. it was sold as a merrilliana. but i guess not. thanks tony and i have posted up the picture of the rajah u sold me! its in another topic where u can post up pictures its one of the newest ones and u can tell the other people it is a rajah becasue they think diff.

Well I can tell you that a few of the seed grown N. merrilliana plants from BExotics have turned out to be the hybrid with N. alata.  Maybe as it grows larger it will be more apparent.  N. merrilliana doesn't get those squat tubby pitchers initially.  I would check with the place you got it from and ask if it was a seed grown plant and where they got it from.  

No I am not 100% absolutely certain it is that hybrid so for now I would just make a note on the label it might be the natural hybrid with N. alata.

Tony

That looks like the plant you got from me. I got it from Phill Mann several years ago. At the time he indicated it might be the hybrid with alata. I believe it was TC'ed from wild seed as there were multiple small plants growing on a single root system which happens with TC. It was encoded as 253/98 on his website.

Ah yes, Phill Mann's merrilliana are merrilliana x alata....

Back