What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beetle and new vivarium

While I was planting my Kritter Keeper to vivarium conversion I spotted this little guy climbing the wall, anyone know what sort of Beetle it is? It's only about 1/4" long. I googled green beetle and there's thousands of em, but none with red legs and wings textured like this.

beetlegreenred.jpg

Here's an overview of the Kritter Keeper conversion in it's just planted state. I may plant some tiny epiphytes on the wood once the moss gets established. I will be making a "moss shake" and painting it on the wood in hopes of starting a moss colony on the branches. Never tried this trick before so we'll see how it goes.

KKplanted.jpg

Ground closeup with lots of plants poked in here and there, will be fun to watch them grow in and the vines climb/wrap the wood.

kkplanted2.jpg

The beetle is currently inhabiting this vivarium but will likely escape through either the vents or the sliding front which has an 1/8" gap on either side. Once this tank settles in and the fern gets tall enough to provide some shade in the top corner it will be home to a Pinktoe Tarantula. Shouldn't be too long as this fern (sp. ?) is very aggressive even growing vertically on nothing but moist glass. The Anole's viv is now 75%+ this fern since I didn't keep up with pruning it's runners. LOL

That avic should love it.. well done.

Thanks Mass I'm anxious to move her but She didn't care for the lights so I'll wait until there are some arching fronds along the rear wall. I may get impatient and plant some tall divisions so i can move her but I wanna get the branches established first before she goes in.

Thanks NAN those are both cool sites, I've now got them bookmarked! I'm inclined to agree with it being P. sericeus.

Back