What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass murder caught on tape! (Thanks schloaty for the mantids :) )

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
On my way out the door this morning I noticed there were lots of mosquito looking bugs on my truck (but pretty sure they were not) so I ran back in and grabbed my jars of mantids to grab them a bite to eat. And hey... why turn down a photo op! :) Thanks again Schloaty for the second year of these things (through the auction), this year they go in the greenhouses when they get bigger!
Andrew

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQORn3RN8IQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQORn3RN8IQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Haha, nice! I never pass up feeding something I own with something I find crawling up the walls :-D

Yum yum!

This place is turning into a mantid forum!

Maybe Andrew should add an Arthropod forum in the Terrariums, Vivariums etc. section.

Cool stuff Andrew.

I'll second the nomination for an insect subforum! :D

So cool! I bet they really enjoy being in the greenhouse!

It's very nice to see other CPers getting into mantids! :)

This is really cool man! It's feeding frenzy! Great pictures and the video by the way. It makes us easy to picture out your "pet". I would love to see this in reality as it is very rare and hard to find. Also, it takes effort in trying to have this in our home. I'm sure you have made great effort too in taking care of it. However, I pray for the victims of the mantis. He is just one eating machine!

Last edited:
Back