What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost mantis, looks like unicorns when small

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
So cute!
4712955344_310d23e1af_b.jpg

4712955246_dd7c677955_b.jpg

Then they look like dragons when older
4712315277_743c695681_b.jpg

4712315151_70f961e994_b.jpg

4712955668_d366a2e672_b.jpg

Somebody always asks, so, I used a Canon 40D w/ mp-e65 lens on the babies and the 100mm macro with extension tubes for the older one.

Awesome looking creatures :)
Looks like they came straight out of the next Aliens movie :D

Great photos love the portrait! What camera did you use? ;) LOL

The tiny unicorn-ant nymphs are awesome! I've never seen them in that stage in person yet. Do they run around a lot like ants at this size?

My green female is getting mighty fat so hopefully she'll molt into an adult by Monday and then in a couple weeks... "If this vivarium is a rockin' Don't come a knockin'!" :D

Did your mail finally come?

Last edited:
Unicorns... of death!

Marvelous mantid nymphs you have there, Larry.

Those are so nice!

dude....those are some national geographic style shots of a fantastic mantid species. WOW!!!

Those are awesome looking mantids! One of these days I might have to get some.

The latter shots certainly are stunning!!! :love:

I had some of those years ago and loved them. They were so much fun to put into a natural style tank and then play hid and seek every day to find them. They were usually right in front of my nose and looking back at me when I did find them. Do you breed them regularly?

Back