What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Anyone Identify This Bug?

• Thread starter TENroaches
  • Start date
I found it in the bathroom in the basement of my house. I tried using a guide online to no avail.

3EAlzh.jpg

7mS2Bh.jpg

8B5Gsh.jpg

cY66oh.jpg

QPBwSh.jpg

Any help at all is appreciated.

That thing looks pretty cool, hope you didn't feed it to your plants!

Nah, the only bugs I catch and feed to anything are ants in the house go to my nep. I'm debating putting my nep outside under the translucent table on the deck, so it can get more bugs, but I'm afraid it might fry the leaves. :-( My nep lives in a south-facing glass block window in my house now.

That is an unusual looking cricket. Looks like it grew in a gravity rich environment such as Jupiter. It's so squat and stubby! But I hate crickets so into a pitcher it would go anyway.

Looks like it's trying to confuse the back and the front so predators won't be able to tell which end they're attacking!

And it's female.

Not to hijack the thread, but since everyone has there bug-identifying caps on...

A spider found on my S. Judith Hindle...
P1000431Medium.jpg

P1000437Medium.jpg

Another crawly thing found crawling about one of my Datura Metel

P1000145Medium.jpg

Another of the plant he was on, just because it smells so good.

P1000027Medium.jpg

lynx spider and milkweed bug?

bug hard to say for sure. I can't count the simple eyes. or look for scent glands on the underside of abdomen

I agree that it looks like a milkweed bug. Boxelder bugs look very similar, but have less orange coloration.

The spider is a green lynx spider, they are so awesome.

Back