What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hairy-legged moth :P

• Thread starter petmantis
  • Start date

petmantis

ermahgerd
Found this outside, lol...

The wings are pretty cool as far as colors go ( you can't see the underwings in these shots, but they're orange), but the forelegs are covered in fuzz.

Any entomologist out there wish to ID it?

moth5.jpg

moth4.jpg

moth3.jpg

Looks like it's covered it mold.. o_o

lol he looks buff! I like it! it's like he has big muscely legs but they're on his face! :p

cool find! but of course, I don't have a clue what it might be...

Mach: Wow, pretty good ID'ing there :D It indeed looks like Eudryas grata. Thanks for the help!

Devon: LOL. However, (s)he's got quite the pudgy belly on the underside ;) Appearances can be deceiving.

SIG: ... No comment. :D

Nice colors on that one!! :)

That is a beautiful moth.

I'd love to see one in person!

Awesome bug, send it to me so I can take some pics! ;)

It flew away after taking photos. I don't mean that if flew out the window, but that it's somewhere inside my room, or at large in my house, wreaking havoc and whatever else moths do ;) :0o:

Nice disguise! There are a few moth species that have this kind of coloration. e.g.: http://bugguide.net/node/view/325 They are pretending to be an unappetizing blob of bird poo. :D

That is like way cool!

Back