What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My newest Pet.

Hi all. I received my newest pet today in the Mail. Thanks again Massmorels, this is one awesome Scorpion.

The scorpion here in the pics is a Yellow Fat Tail scorpion. Heres a link about this scorpion if your interested on reading more about this species.

http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/A-australis.html

a-81.jpg

b-75.jpg

c-68.jpg

yeah you better not get stung by that little critter! nice scorpion, but dang...we had this discussion the other night, thats not a scorpion id want to mess around with..

yeah you better not get stung by that little critter! nice scorpion, but dang...we had this discussion the other night, thats not a scorpion id want to mess around with..

Thanks, Its a real Beauty. The little guy is a quick one. I remember our little discussion. The part I was the most careful at was while un packing him. He was in a small plastic container wrapped in some kind of moist paper towel for cushioning. I want to start getting more scorpions now, lol.

Get a blacklight and go wander around out in the desert.

I used to find AZ Bark Scorpions and Desert Hairy's all over the place in Phoenix. You can increase your collection by 200% in a night.

Give it something to hide under and you'll be all set. Glad I gave you something nearly as cool as all the stuff you've given me.

Give it something to hide under and you'll be all set. Glad I gave you something nearly as cool as all the stuff you've given me.

Definitely. I'm going to find something around my yard that will make a good hiding spot for the little guy.

yeah maybe mike should pick him up and give him some lovin... jk jk obviously, dont do that rofl

Hey that's a killer scorpion, literally! LOL

One thing that perplexes me is FYT Scorpions & Rattlesnakes are legal to have/send around and I can't have completely harmless stick & leaf insects? :(

Have you kept scorpions before? It's a gorgeous species, but not something I would ever keep. Incase of an earthquake or my cat messing with it's enclosure, I don't want that loose in the house. The most dangerous scorp I got is C. sculpturatus, not too concerned about this one.

Now that I look at it more, are you positive it's Androctonus australis? Can you take another picture with a good side view of it's tail? From the pic, it looks more like a Vaejovis (devil scorpion), which also has a fat tail.

Last edited:
yeah maybe mike should pick him up and give him some lovin... jk jk obviously, dont do that rofl

LOL, Awwwwww but why not?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Hey that's a killer scorpion, literally! LOL

One thing that perplexes me is FYT Scorpions & Rattlesnakes are legal to have/send around and I can't have completely harmless stick & leaf insects? :(

LOL, My next scorpion I want to get is the Death Stalker scorpion. Those things look so cool.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

This is how the Death stalker scorpions look like
Deathstalker_ST_07.JPG

That guy needs to lose a few grams around the tail :poke: ;)

Cute scorpion, but I wouldn't dare get one. :0o:

Wow, what most amazes me is how you can send animals in the post.

Wow, what most amazes me is how you can send animals in the post.

I didn't send it via USPS.. I sent it FedEx. Which is allowed..

I was considering an Emperor Scorpion for a while since they get nice and big and people claim they are the most docile of all the scorpions I also like black (90% of my possessions are black) and I'm a "Scorpio"...

I've still held off because of the off chance of getting stung, supposedly it's similar to a bee sting which I am slightly allergic to so no telling how I'd do with a scorpion sting. So instead I bought 10 crabs I never see! LOL

I have received animals by USPS, the boxes are printed and state the contents "LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES" or "LIVE HARMLESS INSECTS". Usually sent overnight, though I have had mantids sent via Priority mail and arrived just fine.

Last edited:
I was considering an Emperor Scorpion for a while since they get nice and big and people claim they are the most docile of all the scorpions I also like black (90% of my possessions are black) and I'm a "Scorpio"...

I've still held off because of the off chance of getting stung, supposedly it's similar to a bee sting which I am slightly allergic to so no telling how I'd do with a scorpion sting. So instead I bought 10 crabs I never see! LOL

LOL, I'm also a scorpio. I really like them emperor scorpions to. Someday I may even decide to get one of those.

The Emperor's are from tropical forests so you could do a fun planted setup. They are pretty cheap too, about $15 for a large one. If it's female and from a group of others they are often said to arrive pregnant. The female Emperor for sale at the Petco across the street from me had babies at the store. Had I bought her as soon as she showed up I would have a bunch of baby scorps. I missed that opportunity!

Might be silly to ask but do you have a long pair of feeding/grasping tongs so your hand is never closer than 10-12" from the critter?

The Emperor's are from tropical forests so you could do a fun planted setup. They are pretty cheap too, about $15 for a large one. If it's female and from a group of others they are often said to arrive pregnant. The female Emperor for sale at the Petco across the street from me had babies at the store. Had I bought her as soon as she showed up I would have a bunch of baby scorps. I missed that opportunity!

Might be silly to ask but do you have a long pair of feeding/grasping tongs so your hand is never closer than 10-12" from the critter?

I saw an emperor scorpion at my pet shop with such a cute little scorpling clinging to her back... It's a good thing rosies lay egg sacks or we'd have just as many surprise babies!

Back