What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This place needs more mantis pics!

New addition to my mantid collection, it's a flower mantis Creobroter nebulosa.

4765895112_11415e2f28_b.jpg

4765257057_d1b992d44d_b.jpg

4765895742_9a8449cc2e_b.jpg

And here's a Dead Leaf mantis just for fun.
4765258021_9761319f53_b.jpg

Neat! Like a yellow Flower Mantid!
I wonder if you had a yellow plant or flower in the enclosure if it would turn even yellower with the next molt?

Amazing shots as always! :)

Are you finding these exotic species difficult to keep? Do you do anything special in regards to heating, humidity, and lighting?

Amazing shots as always! :)

Are you finding these exotic species difficult to keep? Do you do anything special in regards to heating, humidity, and lighting?

I keep the exotic ones in a closed room, during the afternoon it will warm up to about 80-85 degrees, I don't provide any additional heating since it's summer. I mist them once a day or every other day or when I see that water droplets have evaporated from the sides of their enclosure. I'm misting less now, too much and I get a mold problem. They get light that comes in through the windows and light from my cp terrariums. Exotics seem real easy, don't require that much more care than native species.

If you insist
expman.pl

I keep the exotic ones in a closed room, during the afternoon it will warm up to about 80-85 degrees, I don't provide any additional heating since it's summer. I mist them once a day or every other day or when I see that water droplets have evaporated from the sides of their enclosure. I'm misting less now, too much and I get a mold problem. They get light that comes in through the windows and light from my cp terrariums. Exotics seem real easy, don't require that much more care than native species.

Nice! It seems like you dove in and it's paying off. Your skills with the camera are an added bonus too!

I just started to do my rounds in the wild. So far I have two in my breeding stock.

Best of luck!

I agree with you Larry, and we definitely need a lot more. Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually get a few mantids hanging out by my temperate plants in late summer, early fall. They are usually all green but occasionally I will see a brownish one. I love mantids!

Back