What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spiders are icky.

Don't you just hate these bugs ? ;)

only if i find them crawling on me or in my bed. but even then it could be much "ickier" . it could be an earwig :puke2:

Earwigs are my least favorite bug of all time. They're all over my yard. My flytraps make short work of them though :boogie:.

Nope, bugs are the best!

sissy

I have a pal who's my age but acts like a screaming little kid when a spider comes near him. It's so comical you'd swear his fear was a put on. LOL

It's due to our grade school teacher having a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula we used to play with then one day it escaped and my pal found it by accident while playing a in a pile of pillows it made a threat pose and perhaps even struck at him and ever since he's been terrified of even the tiniest little spider.

I don't mind small spiders inside or outside, but i dislike/hate anything bigger then 2 centimeter, especially those 5+ centimeter big brown ones that ocassionally wander inside.
I've seen some tarantula's at terrarium shows and they don't bother me though, but that might be because they're in a box :p

Centipedes are nasty and have a viscous bite. Definitely near the top of my hate list.

Don't you just hate these bugs ? ;)

No, but mine asks....."Don't you just hate these Humans?" ;)

BigE.jpg

Eek!! no bug pics allowed in this topic!!! :D

ahahah Exo.

My 15 cm Rosy wants to snuggle with you! :D

rosy610front.jpg

centimeters.. :scratch: Aren't you in America? What's that in inches? Just like the kids that use Celsius.. it's over my head. I just stick to the basics. Inches and Fahrenheit.

LOL Talesin mentioned sizes in cm so I posted so he could relate. About 6 inches when she was on the glass last week.

I set my thermometers to display in *C because that's what so many of the websites and books I read about critters and plants mention, it's easier to think that way sometimes. When I used to grow tons of Neps and measure them all the time I used the cm scale to compare to the sizes in the Nep books. When I'm talking about the weather with someone at work I use *F, just kinda like learning two languages and using one when you need to.

Last edited:
1 inch is about 2.5 centimeters.

Back