What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G. Pulchra settling into a new home

Here is my new G. Pulchra's new home, after I redid it 3 times :sorry:

I made a promise to him that I am done messing up his home, now he can mess it up and rearrange as much as he wants and I promise to leave it alone

app. 3 " eco-earth, remember he is still less than 1" and yes there is a vented lid I took it off for his photo shoot :D

IMG_3927.jpg

Playing with his toys, silly spider ;)
IMG_3933.jpg

Nice! I'd like to score one of those Brazilian Blacks too someday.

Do Ts actually play with the Hydroton balls and dice? I've never put any toys in there for my rosy, maybe I will try putting one or two in there.

Not me.. too boring. Pitch black is cool and all, but I need more from a T if I'm going to make room for it. At least they are handle able..

Well really all Ts are kinda boring, neither of mine has ever put on a top hat and danced with a cane. :D

Seriously though that A. diversipes is my most longed for T colorwise.

Then get a pokie.. they do it every night at midnight!

Lol :p

P. metallica is a looker for sure! I'm just fearful of the attitude of those old worlders.

no attitude whatsoever.. They just have a bad rap cause of their potency. They are really chill actually!!

regalis2-111.jpg

Speaking of P.metallica..

100_1481.jpg

100_1476.jpg

Do Ts actually play with the Hydroton balls and dice? I've never put any toys in there for my rosy, maybe I will try putting one or two in there.

They usually just bury them along with everything else :-))

Beautiful P. Metallic Mass :D but they still scare me, maybe when i get out of my NOOB phase ;)

Their speed is what scares me, more so than the idea of the venom . If my rosy escaped I don't think I would have any trouble catching her, those blue devils are fast from what I've seen. Nothing like loosing a $200+ spider in a house with two cats who kill bugs for a living! LOL

Tarantulas can only run fast for short distances. So if it did get away from you, it wouldn't go far. And once they hit 4.5"-5", they move rather slow. Heck, I'm more worried about doing a tank change for an avic than I am a pokie.

Ok, I have not seen Fat boy, since I got him/her. other than when I dig a hole into the tunnel for feeding time. So I decided to rearrange the house ;)

Hope the Spider likes it...

HPIM3298.jpg

HPIM3313.jpg

HPIM3317.jpg

Her abdomen is starting to turn black. That's her new exoskeleton hardening up under her outer skin. Gonna have a freshly molted T soon!!

I like the underground hideout. Also the dice.

Back