What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tarantula Cube enclosures from Michaels

• Thread starter Dodge
  • Start date
Small cubes: 2 1/2" cube X 3"H or 4"H depends on lid perfect for smaller slings up to 1/2"

IMG_4306.jpg

HPIM3178.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

They come in 3 or 4 sizes with both lid designs, the one shown is part# 2025-304 and is located on the UPC label, It can be found in either the bead isle or wood carving isle ( why here ??? ).

Larger Size: 4" cube x 7H with flat lid or about 8-9"H with taller lid
perfect for up to 1-2" depending on species
HPIM3160.jpg

HPIM3166.jpg

HPIM3168.jpg

HPIM3172.jpg

Hardest part was figuring out which lid to use, lol I like them both.
I will update thread later, Silicon is still drying and needs to cure before moving in the new inhabitants.

Nice! What does Michael's charge for the cubes?

At The Container Store the largest 3.75" x 3.75" x 7 or 8" is $3.29 and at Storeables they are $2.99

.99c for the small ones with the flat lid, $1.49 with the taller lid and the larger one was $3.29 they also have a few other sizes

I do love these cubes :D

Nice! What does Michael's charge for the cubes?

At The Container Store the largest 3.75" x 3.75" x 7 or 8" is $3.29 and at Storeables they are $2.99

I get my large ones from this collectibles show they have every weekend. They're 3.50, comes with a mirror on the back. Makes the enclosure look twice as big :)

I use the smaller ones to catch my vampire crabs they can't see the clear plastic so they run into it away from my hand coming the other way.

Larry do they have larger sizes at decent prices? I'd like some 6" x 6" x 12" and 10" x 10" x 15" or so that aren't $30 each.

they are on their side while the Silicone drys, and the hills are just little goops of silicone covered in eco-earth to add depth and textures. The cap will be for a water source, yes I know below 2" they just need to be misted, but I like having an available water source for them :D

Phase 2:
removed excess Eco-earth
Added: Hydroponic - Expanded Clay Balls to keep humidity levels up
HPIM3184.jpg

HPIM3186.jpg

HPIM3188.jpg

Those would make awesome humidity domes for square pots :D

Ok, time for an update, sorry decided to spend a few days at the lake riding the jet ski's around :D

The first Tarantula is moving in tonight, A. Metallica

HPIM3235.jpg

HPIM3236.jpg

HPIM3229.jpg

I use the smaller ones to catch my vampire crabs they can't see the clear plastic so they run into it away from my hand coming the other way.

Larry do they have larger sizes at decent prices? I'd like some 6" x 6" x 12" and 10" x 10" x 15" or so that aren't $30 each.

No, they don't have anything bigger. These cases were made for displaying dolls and beanie babies.

Back