What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beetles?

• Thread starter Lucanidae
  • Start date
So, I've really really REALLY been wanting a beetle for quite some time. By 'beetle' I mean stag, rhino, hercules, etc.
However, I can't seem to find any. :(
Does anyone happen to know of a place where I can get some?

Not sure if the direct link to vendors rule applies for insects like it does CPs (people are always linking to non-plant things like Lights and stuff) but insect author Peter Clausen at Bugs In Cyberspace sells Staghorn and other Beetles & larvae. He's a good shipper, anything I've gotten from him has always arrived alive and healthy.

Just checked the link the site is being redone but there is an availability list still up. I hope he doesn't delete his care sheet archives, that was good reading!

I'm looking for the Easter Hercules Beetle, Dynastes tityus. I joined a beetle forum, but there's not much activity on those forums and nobody is selling these. I'd be amazed if you can find one of them giant rhino beetles.

Peter is sold of of D. tityus now but email him at the link above and see when he'll have more!

Back