What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mantis garden

I have some azaleas that are colonized by praying mantises. Is their any way that i could make a garden for mantises? I probably need tall flowering plants and some bushes that stay over the winter.

Any other suggestions?

I have a young mantis in my Cp garden. I've seen it dangle from my VFT's and snatch flies from the traps. I think it lives in the leaves of a foxglove, which is as you say, a tall flowering plant.

Around here they tend to spend the summer in the front garden that has barrel bogs and lots of flowering plants. In the winter we can find egg cases in a near by pine tree.

expman.pl

Though by this time of the year, things will be coming to a close in your area, for lots of mantids you might ltry lots of tall flowering plants not only to attract prey but to allow the mantids room to stay away from each other.

Back