What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics for Brie

Today was feeding & watering day.. so I took these just for you. They absolutely do not do her justice. But hopefully they will tide you over until either I get her out for official pics, or you see her in person.
It's either her first, or second feed since her last molt. I forget.. But she's 7.5"-8" now. That'll give you a rough idea of the size of her hide. ;)
You can't see it, but there's a BIG FAT roach in her mouth.

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

This is an 8.5"+ P. rufilata female.. She may look small, but it's just because her hide is HUGE! Freshly molted, and taking her first meal.

IMG_6326.jpg

By far one of my favorite, and most underrated T's.. P. formosa female. Not a good pic, but you get the gist of it.

IMG_6329.jpg

And her boyfriend. No, this isn't animal cruelty. Adult male tarantulas are EXTREMELY high strung. They have tons of sex drive, and constantly are on the move looking for mates. Keeping them in small enclosures limits the amount of energy they use. Once he starts his mating call (drumming) his enclosure will be moved into the female's. They will tease each other to the point of madness for 2 weeks. At which time his lid will be removed, and all that pent up energy will be put to use. ;)

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

And one for KT. Your breeding pair of C. fimbriatus.. side by side. These two, I admit, are a bit neglected. They need a new owner that can spoil them rotten.

IMG_6330.jpg

Woooo! SO AWESOME! Thanks for the pics :) :spider: Cant wait to see her and love her and hug her and call her George.

Ohmygosh, so lovely! Once I'm all moved into a new place, I must expand my T collection :3

Woooo! SO AWESOME! Thanks for the pics :) :spider: Cant wait to see her and love her and hug her and call her George.

I heart Looney Tunes!

Do you use coir for substrate?

Nice pokie ya got there.

Back