What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T.. as in tarantula!

Hungry girl took this roach right out of my hand!! :0o: Adult female P. rufilata

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

The quite rare, always stunning adult female P. tigrinawesseli :drool:

IMG_6736.jpg

The ALWAYS rare A. geroldi.. fresh out of a molt and getting her big girl colors.

IMG_6742.jpg

Only one I could get a good pic of. But the kids are taking one last feeding before taking off to auntie KT's.

IMG_6739.jpg

Ouch. :0o:

bahhh! So cool!

Lol it looks like the cockroach is saying, "Well it's official...my life sucks.":-))

I know, right. Try singing that annoying Joe's Apartment song now you little *******!

lovelovelove!

that geroldi looks exquisite

they all look beautiful mass!

If you need a Brazilian tarantula just ask me :p

Nice ones

All of my tarantulas are either outgoing, or gone. The hobby was fun while it lasted, but my main interest is now with CP's. I no longer have the care, or want to raise tarantulas. I do however have plenty of tarantula tattoos to remind me of the good times we had.

Thanks for the kind words.. It's something I can always look forward to in this hobby. Wish I could say the same about the tarantula community. But they just don't share the compassion for each other like we do. :lac:

How on Earth can you feed a T from your fingers? How does he/she know not to take a bit of your finger? I know I certainly won't be trying that with those two fimbriatuss. What ornery little buggers! And what webs!

It was by no means on purpose. I am now tarantula free.. so won't have to worry about those close calls ever again.

Awesome spiders, Mass. They are a lot more work than CPs though, so I don't think anyone can blame you for switching over, LOL. Tarantulas are super awesome, but I never really understood the obsession so many people had with keeping them in captivity, since they just make big webs and you hardly ever see the animal. Here's a female Aphonopelma I rescued from being run over by a truck earlier this year:

Awesome spiders, Mass. They are a lot more work than CPs though, so I don't think anyone can blame you for switching over, LOL. Tarantulas are super awesome, but I never really understood the obsession so many people had with keeping them in captivity, since they just make big webs and you hardly ever see the animal.
My spiders are incredibly easy, beautiful to watch, and very interesting little creatures. One made a little burrow with a window for me to look at him through ;]
the other dissapoints me by not webbing enough!
But simply to see them walk with their careful lift-plant lift-plant lift-plant lift-feel-plant lift-plant lift-plant lift-plant lift-plant walk is just adorable.
Love my spiders :]

all the same, I am getting out of the hobby as well.

Love the iridescent blue on the underside of the ruf's legs!

Back