What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For you Metallica fans........

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Molted earlier this week. Unfortunately, twas too late at night for me to try and get photos during the entire process. Was only able to get some shots while it was in its molting hammock before ecdysis commensed.

And a post-molt shot the following afternoon:

Well? What were you expecting? Something related to the heavy metal band?

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous T! Although I normally get Ts based on there general temperament, size, & handleability; Metallica is just so beautiful & has always been on my wantlist. My Gramostola Pulchripes also just molted last night - heres to T lovers :hi5:

How big is this 1 & how long have you kept it?
Also, this was a great surprise & far better than the band!

... I normally get Ts based on there general temperament, size, & handleability; Metallica is just so beautiful & has always been on my wantlist.

Temperament is typically a biggie for me as well as I'd really rather not have to worry about a critter trying to eat my face -- not that there is any cause for such concern with this species either. They are very skittish and fast, however. Last time I did home upgrade for it, I made a point of taking it into the bathroom, tucked a towel under the door, closed the drain stoppers, and taped over any other sink and tub openings it might have been able to fit in. Figured that way if it did get away from me, it couldn't get far. (And considering how expensive they are, didn't want to literally watch my $ go down the drain. (Lucked out on the price too for that matter. The guy who was selling them gave me a big discount on account of being an orchid friend of mine.)

My Gramostola Pulchripes also just molted last night - heres to T lovers

Always worrisome when they molt. Never know if they will make it and there is little to nothing one can usually do if it goes wrong.

Is pulchripes a "pet rock" like rosea? One downside to the long-lived species like Grammostola and Brachypelma is how incredibly long it takes for them to grow up. Of course, on the plus side, if you have a female they live for a long long time. (My rosea is probably 18yrs old or more now.) I really would love to get a G. pulchra but those suckers are expensive too.

How big is this 1 & how long have you kept it?

Embarrassed to say that I'm not sure how long I've had it. I can't find any baby pictures at the moment to give me reference. I know I got it as a young sling. (Could never have afforded anything older.) I know I got it after getting the Hapalopus. I'm guessing sometime in 2014? So likely abit over a year/year-and-a-half ....

Back