What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sultanas

• Thread starter fredg
  • Start date
At this time of year it's amazing the amount of insects that are attracted to the sugars in Sultanas. MrsG puts some out for the Blackbirds and we're getting quite a few extra visitors.
The wasps are separating chunks off and carrying them away.

29211814776_1c52ab4c1f_o.jpg

Phaenicia sericata on Sultana

29171516041_4f968b8685_o.jpg

Fred, these pics are amazing! Incredibly clear and perfectly in focus for such close ups! You should work for National Geographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY Hux. I use a Fujifilm FinePix S1730 one lens does all bridge camera as my field camera. :-D

Definitely not an expensive camera, it was under £100 ($130) new several years ago. Then there's no heartache if I drop it in a river or onto concrete.

Dinner date - A pair of Calliphora vomitoria enjoying a meal together

29157131162_a1cf36a1b6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Fred, I have to say I really thought you were pulling my leg with the name of these dinner plate guests. But then I googled it and saw that it is for real! Common name bluebottle fly.
Are you in insectologist? (I know, that's not a real name, I didn't know what else to call it) Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hux, you need to see Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. Then you'll know why they have that name :0o:

Sarcophaga carnaria - Even flesh flies can go veggie too.

29157859012_a59b8bc93d_o.jpg

Back