What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zealous newbie introducing herself and her VFT!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Mar. 02 2006,2:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Mar. 02 2006,5:32)]Tho, I have hooked a few.
hey!!! thats what i do too! but most of the time it fails
biggrin.gif

i know im a "married" man but i just have to say this, funny that all the GUYS replied faster than all the girls, is it really spring this early?  
smile_l_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif
 well you know, pretty woman and all  
smile_o_32.gif
I was telling Elgecko the same thing last week. Coincidence? I think not! Remember sszvein, Wolfpackgurl, Trapper7? Any gal that bursts onto the discussion forum with enthusiasm - garners a whole mess of "damsel in distress" attention - and none of it comes from the other gals!

I usually find myself excited when I see other girls posting (it makes me feel less alone) and love replying (I even stalked EntwinedScylla on the CPUK forum) but in actuality, the girl:guy ration is pretty sad.

There's a 98% female only forum on http://makeupalley.com (I have a profile there as Carito, too) where guys are free to post, since there are hordes of other topics addressed besides cosmetics, and everytime a GUY posts there, the girls FLOCK to him crazily. Quite hilarious!

HOLY MOLY!!!

In fact, prior to my insane explosion of love into CP's, I spent 24/7 on , [url="http://makeupalley.com"]http://makeupalley.com, and you can see under my profile how I posted nearly every single day (albeit intermittently) for years.

Then as soon as my obsession swerved sharply from fashion culture to CP's, I completely abandoned that website!!!

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Carito @ Mar. 03 2006,9:46)]I usually find myself excited when I see other girls posting (it makes me feel less alone) and love replying (I even stalked EntwinedScylla on the CPUK forum) but in actuality, the girl:guy ration is pretty sad.

There's a 98% female only forum on http://makeupalley.com (I have a profile there as Carito, too) where guys are free to post, since there are hordes of other topics addressed besides cosmetics, and everytime a GUY posts there, the girls FLOCK to him crazily. Quite hilarious!
*seriously considers joining the forum just to get attention from hundreds of ladies*

smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Mar. 03 2006,4:31)]*seriously considers joining the forum just to get attention from hundreds of ladies*

smile_m_32.gif
Don't do it! Be afraid.... be very afarid!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I agree with Jim! It sounds like a trap to me LLeopardGGecko!!
smile_n_32.gif

Hey its you!!! I just joined!

Cheers

Caro,

It's nice to see another MUA addict such as myself. When I use abbreviations like DH - at least I know someone knows what I'm talking about
smile.gif

Jeannine

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsgossamer @ Mar. 13 2006,12:15)]When I use abbreviations like DH  - at least I know someone knows what I'm talking about  
smile.gif
Doesn't that mean Designated Hitter?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsgossamer @ Mar. 13 2006,10:15)]When I use abbreviations like DH - at least I know someone knows what I'm talking about
smile.gif
Jim, I believe it's short for Double Hickey
icon2.gif

*runs from thread screaming at the top of his lungs*

*stops to catch his breath for a second*

*starts running again*

*stops again to look at some CPs in a nearby bog*

*stays there*

jimscott wrote:
Doesn't that mean Designated Hitter?  

Only in the American League  
smile_m_32.gif

I've also read it being referred to as, "dear husband".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsgossamer @ Mar. 13 2006,12:15)]Caro,

It's nice to see another MUA addict such as myself. When I use abbreviations like DH - at least I know someone knows what I'm talking about
smile.gif

Jeannine
Neat! I had not the slightest idea an MUAer would be here, that is just too cool!!

Hehehe, i hope you and your DH are doing well. Are you a PPP or a MMM or a DDD? LOL! I'm a PPP and I like YLBB l/g's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Mar. 13 2006,10:15)]*runs from thread screaming at the top of his lungs*

*stops to catch his breath for a second*

*starts running again*

*stops again to look at some CPs in a nearby bog*

*stays there*
(rolls on the floor laughing her head off)

Don't even try to HIDE, man!!!

Go on, DO IT.

I DARE you to sign up on makeupalley.com

You HAVE to...

SERIOUSLy...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Carito @ Mar. 16 2006,2:19)]Are you a PPP or a MMM or a DDD? LOL! I'm a PPP and I like YLBB l/g's.
Hey, those aren't in my printed copy of pc acronyms! What did you just write?
confused.gif

Hey, I saw the post asking where all the girls are. Here's one of them. I have too many forums that I talk on, though, so I don't post here that often. I'm on GardenWeb carnivorous plants forum and their terrariums forum, and on a few forums for dart frogs, too. I grow CPs and I keep frogs, which is also a male dominated hobby. Oh well. My husband is not too jealous of the new friends I am making through these hobbies. Yet.
Kristi

Back