What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Everyone !

After many years of waiting, I finally have my sun porch and a growing collection of VFT's. Live in central Ohio right now. My hubby was stationed here as a recruiter for the Army. Any locals willing to give me some hints on where to find some lovely VFT's in this neck of the woods?

Kerry, Welcome once again! We have a few Ohio growers here, so I am sure your quest for VFT's will be satisfied! But remember, you also have the forums through which you can get many specimens for the price of postage!!!

Hi and welcome to TerraForums! VFT's may be found at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Petflytrap.com, and many of the generous forumfolk.

You're in central Ohio? Gawdo0o is from Ohio, as well as Technoracer, Tink, and a few others. I spent a year in a small town in Highland County, called Hillsboro. You've probably never heard of it. It's south of Columbus, east of Cincy & Dayton, and west of Chillicothe.

My husband recruits out of Hillsboro. amongst a few other places.. we are right in Chillicothe!

Im in Ohio, Its not that hard to grow CP's hear, just got to have the right set up. I use Garages for the winter. I live in the Springfeild DAyton Area.

Cheers

Hi Kerry, welcome to the forums! You'll find the people here helpful, friendly, generous, and occasionally full of it
laugh.gif
!

Not to mention bumble fingered
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ArmyWifeVFT @ Mar. 11 2006,1:46)]My husband recruits out of Hillsboro. amongst a few other places.. we are right in Chillicothe!
I've been in Chillicothe a few times, twice to go to a Chinese buffet restaurant and once for my daughter's art competition. I was working in Wilmington and there was a gal working there who drove in from Chillicothe. I guess she was pretty desperate!

I think that Anoxos lives in Ohio also.
dewy

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

I am so ecstatic to hear you are raising VFTS!!!!

If you can find stores nearby that have them, great, HOWEVER, I learned a lesson through store-purchased plants, they will suffer through sun shock and incur a sunburn, which takes MANY WEEKS to recover from.

Whereas, when you order from a reputable source online, your plants can immediately be placed outside to soak up the sun
smile.gif

I ordered from petflytrap.com, and I will keep the forum posted when my plants arrive
smile.gif

-Caro

Welcome to the forum ArmyWifeVFT ! You'll find more than enough info and sources here for all you latest CP addictions. Have your husband start expanding that sunporch now so it can hold all your latest aquisitions.

Back