What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

intro

howdy all.
Ron Ruppel from SE Fla. (Treasure Coast, specifically) I've been into CPs for many years, but several years ago I fell out of contact with the community, and over the years my collection gradually died off. My last, a Nep x Andrewensis, passed away just last month and I've been in something of a panic mode since. I've ordered seeds, and will order more as funds permit. (too bad they can't fax them to me)
My main focus is Aussie CPs (though I love them all). I've had a lot of luck with pygmies (good) and tuberous (bad). I believe I'll try peltata from seed, to see if maybe I can talk them into hanging around. see ya 'round
smilie4.gif

Welcome to the forums! Keep an eye on the trade forum starting in November and you may be able to pick up gemmae for a trade or just postage. There's quite a few of us that grow pygmies.

Welcome! D.scorpioides is an easy to grow pygmy. BCK sent me quite a few gemmae last year, and I will probably be overloaded with D.scorpioides gemmae this fall thanks to BCK  
smile_m_32.gif

Appreciate the heads-up y'all. I'll keep my eyes open.
smile.gif

I keep telling people that they don't need more than a dozen or so gemmae cause they'll be up to their ears in them in the fall. But do they ever believe me??
smile_n_32.gif
Yep! In the fall when they are up to their ears in gemmae...

Dewy, I'll race ya to see whoes plants start producing gemmae first.
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome to TF! My very first trading post venture was the tail end of D. scorpioides offering from BCK. That was in January of 2004. I'm still growing them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ May 16 2006,12:05)]I keep telling people that they don't need more than a dozen or so gemmae cause they'll be up to their ears in them in the fall.  But do they ever believe me??
smile_n_32.gif
 Yep! In the fall when they are up to their ears in gemmae...

Dewy, I'll race ya to see whoes plants start producing gemmae first.
smile_n_32.gif
I could make mine start producing them now because of the grow light I use.

This fall, I will be up to my ears in gemmae like BCK said  
smile_n_32.gif

Back